Development and Alumni Relations Mission Statement
Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) supports Vanderbilt University’s mission through engaging our diverse alumni, parents of students, friends, corporations and foundations in the life and inclusivity of the university; ensuring an active and committed alumni community; and securing philanthropic support for Vanderbilt’s strategic priorities.
DAR core values for staff development:
- DAR's talented professionals are dedicated to supporting Vanderbilt’s mission to educate, discover and lead.
- We work with integrity in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- We embrace an inclusive and diverse environment where equity is championed. For example:
- Staff are provided with diversity training and development
- Diverse hiring committees oversee leadership-level searches
- Building a pipeline of current and future candidates
- Professional development is provided for succession planning and career ladders
- We offer training and developmental opportunities so employees can grow professionally.
- We are committed to transparency and aim to communicate early and often.
- We strive to offer promotional opportunities to internal candidates first.
- We celebrate our accomplishments and learn from our mistakes.
If you share our passion for advancing Vanderbilt’s mission and are interested in building a rewarding career in DAR, we invite you to learn more about our employment opportunities. A list of current DAR job openings appears in the sidebar on the right.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
The DAR Team
“It would be a mistake if we contented ourselves with a backward look. In building a university there is never an occasion for finishing touches. The task is always one of laying foundations.”
— James H. Kirkland
Vanderbilt is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equality, and inclusiveness.